Friday, January 25, 2008

Trust in the Lord with all your Heart

I just re-listened to this sermon from Jim Mackinga at Baycities Church in Redondo Beach, CA. I have it recorded from a previous Sunday, thank God for their foresight and ability to preserve them like that !

He is talking about how God wants us to deal with pain in our lives. And this sermon series came in very good timing for me! Thank God again for sending Jim Mackinga and Baycities church !

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6

There are so many things these days that I just don't have the answers for. So many difficulties that I am unsure of what to do. And, of course, I have some solutions I would like to put into action, but I am not sure that they are the right course. Throughout my life, I have been pretty decisive, and a doer. I have accomplished a lot and people describe me as persistent and successful. But I am currently out of my league, and I think that God planned on that, to sort of force my hand... to turn to him. There are a couple of different issues that I have turned over to him and I am now diligently waiting for him to provide the answers, the solutions.

It is not easy for an action oriented, controlling person to give control over to God, and wait. But that is what I am doing. I trust in you, dear Lord. I know that you can solve these problems in my business and in my relationships. I am keeping my eyes and heart focused on you Lord, every day. And I am waiting and trusting in you for the answers.

Non-believers, and even my old self, would think that this sounds lazy, or easy or il-advised. But it's not... It's not lazy, I have to work on focusing on God, when I want to go out and manipulate the situation and the people. It's not easy, I tend to worry, which is not right, and not very trusting. I have to continually turn it back over to God. It's not il-advised - God has the power and the wisdom and the love to provide all the answers that I need. Who on earth could possibly come up with a better answer than God !? Certainly not me.

Once again Lord Jesus, I ask for your guidance and I give my life over to your will. Please show me the way lord to solve these business problems and fix these broken relationships. I am your trusting servant, Father. Please take the throne of my heart and make me into the person you want me to be. And thank you for Jim Mackinga and Baycities Church.

No comments: